Saturday, March 14, 2020

She Can, and She Will!

In the midst of the Cold-19 outbreak in our county, schools are closed for six weeks! But this isn't a vacation. Quinn's school has set up a remote schooling program in which she has to complete works assigned by her teacher online.

On the first day of Remote Schooling, I quickly realize that The Mighty Quinn is not easy to contend with.




She told me that I was boring! That her teacher at school makes learning fun, and I don't!

[That's how I know I am not cut out to be a teacher.]

So I resorted to threats. "We can take a break. But no electronics of any kind. Go outside and play!"

But, if I let her design her own curriculum, and she performs the work she wants, life is good!



 She'll read [The Night Sky].


She'll write her numbers from 1-100.

She'll draw what she and her dog did while they were outside.


Then, the next time "forced" recess came along, going outside backfired on me... 




Now she fought me about letting recess go 'til dark!

And it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment