It's that time of the year again, when the tulips bloom in Mt. Vernon, WA. It's an annual Mecca for photographers, tourists, and anyone really, who appreciates the spectacular sight of a sea of colors. This time we went with Lana. She loves to take pictures, and she wanted to take pictures of Quinn.
Quinn had woken up in a horrible mood. See, her molars are coming up. I imagine it must hurt more than when I get my teeth cleaned. Poor baby keeps sticking her fingers in her mouth. And the drool! But the Mighty Quinn that she is, she perked up when she saw the flowers, and even tried to pick some - which is not allowed!
Quinn has her own language now. She can carry on a conversation that only she understands. (Does she think we're stupid when we respond to her babble "incorrectly", I wonder?) But she has been trying very hard to imitate the sounds I make for her. Like, I asked her "Quinn, can you say two lips?"
"Tah tah," she responds.
"That's right! Not one lip, but two."



No comments:
Post a Comment