Sunday, March 1, 2015

 It was a very nice surprise to run into a friend and her little boy while we were out to lunch with Alfonsina. The little boy's name is Jack. Quinn and Jack hit it off like long lost cousins — you know, that feeling that you know the other person on a more intimate level despite never having met him, only because you know you are connected by blood. Well, Quinn is not related to Jack at all, but I have known this friend since she first moved to my neck of woods I-don't-know-how-many-years-ago now. 


Oh, they ran, jumped, stumbled, wrestled, and even almost got into fist-a-cuffs with each other over a golf club toy Alfonsina gave to Quinn just this morning. 



Quinn doesn't wear diapers (during the day) anymore. In fact, she has been so diligent about keeping her pants dry that she'll forego modesty if there is no toilet within a minute's walk away. Yes, she'll pull down her pants or hike up her skirt to pee on the ground. And that's exactly what she did today. 

Jack still wears diapers, and seeing Q go and hearing her proudly announce "I went see-see in the grass!" sparked a little curiosity. He investigated the spot Quinn pointed at, but seeing no water, dismissed it altogether. 

And they continued to play, this time with the toys Jack brought. They laughed, they agreed with each other, and disagreed. 

In the meantime, little May and her family (strangers who just happened to be on the lawn with us) came along. And of course, the playing got better!



Now, I call your attention to Quinn's posture. Mind you, we just had a big lunch...

She suddenly got up and ran to the hedge where she peed earlier. I couldn't see her from my vantage point, but I heard little May's mom proclaim "Oh my goodness, she's really doing it!"

A moment later Quinn emerged from the hedge and announced even more proudly than she did before "I MADE POO-POO IN THE GRASS!" She looked at me, at Alfonsina, at my friend, then turned around to beam at the other spectators. 

Jack and I hurried over to Quinn as her "spectators" hurried off in the direction. And there it was: the perfect turd! A brownish-yellow tube tapering off to a point. 

[TMI!!!]

Jack was mesmerized. He stared so hard  at it, it might have levitated if I didn't nudge him out of his reverie. 

I would have taken a photo of it, but alas, I was too embarrassed at little May's shocked family. Besides, YOU probably couldn't stand to even glance at that golden turd. But it would have been more embarrassing to clean the poop off her bum and pants with quite an audience. 

Good job Quinn! You kept your pants dry and clean!

P.s. This post was drafted on 3/20/16 10:25 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment